Hey, I'm Lou!
I’m a full-time wedding photographer from Cheshire. I live in a cute little village called Sandiway with my husband and best mate Grant, our six-year-old boy Jacob, Ace our springer spaniel (who’s completely bonkers), Pete our grumpy spaniel-hating cat, two rabbits Iggle and Piggle and two goldfish that are still going strong after winning them at the fair two years ago. We often joke that we live in a zoo but we love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
Grant and I met in telly and are about to celebrate our 10-year wedding anniversary. He grounds me when my head’s in the clouds but he gives me the kick up the ass when I need it.
I used to work in telly in the camera department and have worked on all sorts, from the X Factor to The Baftas. It was a hell of a ride - I’ve been in Heat magazine, Daniel Beddingfield dedicated a song to me, I've stood in for Charlie from Busted, met Madonna, Mariah Carey, JLo and once got trapped on the stage during a live performance on the X Factor and I've met the Queen!
When I’m not wielding my camera at a wedding or documenting the lives of beautiful families, I love nothing more than spending an evening watching back-to-back episodes of The West Wing or Lés Mis (I could honestly watch this film everyday for ever!) with all the animals on my lap.
I’ve been a wedding photographer for three years, and the best thing about my job is giving people permanent memories in photos. I love that if I hadn't taken that picture they wouldn't have it. My first foray in photography was photographing horses at a riding school when I was 19 – I loved it, but weddings are a lot more varied and exciting!
I love shooting weddings, and my couples always feel like old friends by the time I leave. It’s so important that I click with my couples – I’m going to be at your wedding from the excitement of the bridal prep until you throw down on the dancefloor, so us being good mates helps me infiltrate the crowd and get those awesome shots.
If you’re planning a fun wedding and are looking for a documentary wedding photographer to capture all those exciting moments, get in touch!
MY EVER EXPANDING BUCKET LIST....
- Shoot a beach wedding
- Get a tattoo
- Run 10k
- Run a marathon
- Ride a unicycle
- Sing in a rock choir
- Go to the Maldives (again......and again)
- Win a 'Fearless' award
- Visit Madagascar
- Go on a cruise
- Visit Australia
- Start a blog
- Go to a music festival
- Write a book
- Join a flash mob
- See a ballet
- Set a guinness world record
- Visit Thailand
- I'm a bit of a foodie & I love cheese!
- I can't function properly without sinking 2 cups of coffee in the morning.
- I love the outdoors - the beach in particular.
- I am 5ft6 (and a half!)
- I love walking my dog.
- I've met A LOT of celebs.
- I am petrified of spiders.
- I adore Lés Miserables and try and go to the West End every year.
- I've served tea and coffee at 35000 feet (for 6 months and hated it!)
- I love a G&T.
- I (accidentally) bladed down a black slope in Andorra
- I've just taken up running. My shins hate me at the moment!
- My mum and dad are my heroes.
- I love camping and making bonfire cones.
- I once pulled Popstars The Rivals (you know the Girls Aloud one) off air.. oops!
- I got engaged in Paris. Très romantique!
- I've been zorbing down a big hill.
- I'm ALWAY losing my mobile phone. (last month I left it in Greece!)
- I believe there's more to life than having a tidy house.
- I like cooking but can't really cook.
- I've walked the red carpet many times.
- 'Sex and the City' is up there with the faves
- I've sat next to Chris Noth from SATC (AKA Mr big) at the BAFTA'S